Monday, March 3, 2014

Weight Loss: Week 3 Results

This week has been very challenging to say the least.  My son had been dealing with a fever, cough and runny nose and I caught what he had.  He seemed to progressively get better as the week went on.  I was getting slowly better, still dealing with intense coughing and some labored breathing when all of a sudden on Friday night my body completely broke out in hives.  It was the strangest thing and I still don't know why it happened.  So I had to take some Benadryl to try and lessen the hives.  They were off and on for about 2 days and then they finally went away.  On Friday Elijah had been doing really well and I thought he was almost well.  Then on Saturday morning his fever returned and he was very lethargic and whiney.  I noticed that he had some fluid draining from his right ear.  It was then that we decided to take him to urgent care.  We found out that he not only had an ear infection, but also had a ruptured ear drum.  I asked the doctor if it were bacterial or viral.  She stated that their was pus in his ear and that is normally indicative of it being bacterial.  So we got him on antibiotics for the infection and children's Tylenol for his pain and fever.  Since we started giving him his medicine he has been doing exceptionally better.  It is so nice to hear his little voice and see him smiling and playing.

So because we have been dealing with sickness I knew I probably lost a bit of weight from the stress, loss of appetite, and focusing on the kids needs more than my needs.  When I get sick I tend to loose a bit of weight, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.  For where I am at right now, I look at it as a good thing. This morning I weighed myself and was happy so see that I weigh 216.2, which means I have lost 3 pounds since last week!  It is so nice to continue to see my weight dropping and for me to get closer to a healthy weight for me. I hope this week continues to bring healing for us and I pray my family has great health from here on out.  I don't want to deal with sickness again.    Starting Weight: 224.4
                                                                                        Weight this Week: 216.2
                                                                                        Total Weight Loss: 8.2

No comments:

Post a Comment