Monday, February 17, 2014

Weight Loss: Week 1 Results

I weighed myself in this morning and my weight was 221.4 so that is a loss of 3 lbs from last week.  I feel pretty good about this.  I am excited to be closer to being under 220, so hopefully I can get there next week. Three pounds in one week is pretty good.  I would have liked to seen myself loose more but this is good momentum for me and will keep me focused.  Yesterday I had my husband bring in our weight set that was in the garage, so I am excited to start lifting.  Weight lifting is one of the few exercises that I actually enjoy.  I also like hiking, walking, and playing competitive sports.  But I hate running just to run, and I don't like biking for very long because, honestly it hurts my crotch. I could play pickup basketball or volleyball all day long, but tell me to run a mile and I will be so mad at you.  I have had to do too many timed miles during my lifetime and  I don't ever want to do one again! I also am very prone to stress fractures and have had multiple knee injuries over the years.  I played competitive basketball from the time I was seven all the way through college, so I have had a lot of wear on my knees.  This limits the type of exercise I can do now.  So I am excited to start weight lifting and I am also going to start some mommy &baby yoga this week.  So stay tuned for my weigh in next week.  Hopefully I will get under 220!
                                                                                     Starting Weight: 224.4
                                                                                     Weight this week: 221.4
                                                                                     Total Weight Loss: 3.0

No comments:

Post a Comment