Monday, October 21, 2013

Here is a little about me.  A few months after I had my son I really started to examine the American culture and how I adhered to it in my own life.  I became particularly disturbed by our dependence on manufacturing companies and the money mindset in general.  I already was on this path as I refuse to buy things from walmart and try to purchase items that are fair trade or made in the USA.  But after I had my son I wanted to start making things on my own and becoming more sustainable.  Thus, the idea for The Sustainable Mama was born.  I started documenting my adventures in making my own household products and it has bloomed from there.  Now I know how to do canning, sewing, crocheting, knitting, making cleaners, and much more.  I am truly a Jack of all trades, master of none.  In this blog I will share some of my ideas and adventures with you.  You can also check out my YouTube channel, Thesustainablemama, if you would like to see some of my videos I have already made.  Here is my introductory video in which I explain my transition into sustainability.

 
So thanks so much for reading this and I look forward to getting to know you more.  This should be fun!
 
-The Sustainable Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment